Monday, May 7, 2012

a new take on flowers

I think I've posted about flowers and saving money before.  I LOVE fresh cut flowers, so I couldn't help but post some more tips and ideas.  I've seen this trick on design shows and news show segments.  So why not try it?
I bought carnations at the grocery store, cost about $6.  Carnations can look really cheap, like $6.  But it is easy to dress them up to look very pretty and sophisticated.
Take a large bunch of carnations, all of the same color.  Tie the stems together just below the blooms to form the illusion of one larger flower.  


I used a round, fish bowl like vase for this bunch.  It normally works best in shallower or shorter vases.  


Carnations are also very long lasting flowers, that come in a variety of bright, vibrant colors.  This bunch has been sitting on my kitchen table for about 8 days now and they still look great!  To allow your flowers to last longer, change the water ever few days.  

Enjoy!  Happy Spring! 




No comments:

Post a Comment