Friday, May 25, 2012

Design "on a dime"

It's kind of is a funny saying, "design on a dime."  I haven't figured out how to design for only $0.10, but I can design for a few dollars.  There is a wall in my living room that doesn't have any windows or any major pieces of furniture on it(there is a bench with cubbies for storage).  I could hang up a generic piece of art work, a mirror, or anything else that's been done before.
I wanted something different and fun.  I LOVE family photos, so I got a bunch of frames and made a photo collage on my wall.  I pick of picture frames all over the place; yards sales and thrift stores mostly.  It is very easy to re-paint a frame.  Each frame is different, and I NEVER pay full price for a frame.  Right now, I have 9 frames in my collage, I will be adding more soon.

my picture collage! 
Today I bought the wall decals that are around the pictures.  I bought the decals for $1 at the dollar store.  The decals are dandelion designs in a grey/silver color(dandelion wishes happen to be one of my favorite things...).  When buying wall decals, go for something simple; you want the pictures to be the focus of the wall.  Also, you do not need to spend a lot of money on the decals!  Dollar stores sell decals, as well as craft store.  


My favorite thing about my picture frame collage is that it gets the photos off the digital camera and computer, and onto the wall for everyone to see!  There really is something great about viewing photos in an "old fashion" way.  It's a nice alternative to the Facebook photo albums and digital picture frames.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment