Sunday, December 4, 2011

DIY Skin Care

I have found that one of the things I spend the most money on is skin care products.  I have acne prone skin, and probably will for the rest of my life.  My mom still gets break out and calls then her "sign of youth."  I'd rather skip the sign of youth and get rid of the break outs.  And in my quest for crystal clear skin, I end up spending tons of money.

I was browsing Pinterest the other day and found a tip for DIY skin care.  They used 3 uncoated aspirin and water to make a facial mask/scrub.  This is supposed to help with acne prone skin.  I was really skeptical at first.  How can aspirin clear up my skin?  But I tried it and it is AMAZING!  My skin has never felt so smooth and clean after using this DIY mask.

Here's what you do:
Take 3 uncoated aspirin in a bowl and add a tiny bit of warm water.  Using your fingers, mush up the aspirin in the water.  It will make a thick gritty paste.  Put the paste all over your face and rub in with your fingers.  It will dry quickly.  Splash your face with warm water and rub the mask into your skin, then rinse off.  The results, beautiful smooth skin!

Save money:  Buy the aspirin at the dollar store!   I spent $1 +tax on a bottle of aspirin that I will use for this face mask.  You will get about a month's use about of this $1 that you spent.  WAY cheaper than any other skin care product and works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment