Thursday, December 1, 2011

Getting Started

I am really excited about this blog.  I've been thinking about starting a money saving tips/DIY/simplify your life blog for a long time.  But I wasn't sure if people would really read it, since there are so many other similar blogs out there.  After posting my idea on facebook and getting good feedback from friends, I have decided to go for it.  
This blog is going to be different than others.  I am targeting my blog for the young single person living alone and/or the young couple.  Most money saving blogs are geared toward families with kids.  But the rest of us need to save money too.  So here it goes!  

My first tip:
It is really simple, but we all forget sometimes.  LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS!  
Do not spend money that you do not have.  
Avoid credit cards; they should be for emergencies only! 
Use cash or debit cards for all purchases.  If you do not have enough cash for the purchase, it's time to rethink that purchase.  
Once the cash is gone, stop spending!  
Make sure you have enough each month to cover NEEDS(rent, electric, heat, food, car payment...) 

This is a good place to start on your money saving quest!  Good luck! and stay tuned for more tips :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment