Saturday, March 31, 2012

Homemade skin care

I was browsing online recently and I found a "recipe" for a homemade skin care item that claimed to be a "black head eraser."  I have always spent a lot of money on skin care items; I've always felt that skin care is worth spending money on.  But paying $50+ for one skin care item isn't good for the bank account.  So I gave this recipe a try.

What you need:
granulated white sugar
baking soda
water
a small bowl
measuring spoons

Everything you need!

What you do:
1.  Measure out a teaspoon of both sugar and baking soda.  You want equal parts sugar and baking soda.  Put these in the small bowl.  
2.  Add a VERY small amount of water.  Start with a 1/4 teaspoon.  Stir to make a paste.  Add small amounts of water if needed to make the paste.  
3.  Apply to CLEAN skin, avoiding eye area.  Leave it on your face for about 10 minutes.  You will feel it "working."  It's like a mild tingling/burning feeling.  That's the baking soda working to get all the gunk out of your skin.
4.  After 10 minutes, use warm water to wash the paste off your face.  Use your fingers to massage that paste into your skin.  The sugar acts as an abrasive and will help remove dead skin sells.  
5.  If you have sensitive skin, your skin might be red/tender after this treatment.  Follow with a light weight, oil free moisturizer.  Also, if you have sensitive skin, only use this treatment a few times a week.  

Did it erase my blackheads?  Nope.  But it did help.  My skin felt very clean and smooth.  I did have less black heads and my skin was very clean after the treatment.  

Have any other products I've used erased my blackheads?  Nope.  So I found that this treatment was worth it.  

Each treatment will cost you just pennies!  Great way to stretch your skin care dollar!  

No comments:

Post a Comment