Monday, March 12, 2012

Save Money On Holiday Decorations

I have always loved cute, fun holiday decorations, but I don't like the high price tag they come with.  After browsing some stores and online, I decided that most of the decorations wouldn't be that hard to make.  So I raided the dollar store and ended up with a super cute Easter Egg wreath(that won't be going up until AFTER St. Patty's day.  What's this new trend of skipping holidays?).  I spent $9 plus tax to make this wreath, and bought everything at the dollar store.  I already had the glue gun.

What you will need:
hot glue gun
wicker wreath form
decorative Easter eggs(I used small foam glitter eggs from the dollar store, 8 packs of 12, you will need more than you think you will!)
scissors


Get Started:
Cut the ribbons off of the eggs.  Then start glueing them around the wreath form.  Work around the entire wreath, do not just work in one section, you will get better coverage this way.  




Continue glueing the eggs around the wreath form until it is as full as you like.  You do not want to be able to see the wreath form when finished.  Glue a ribbon loop on to hang the wreath from. 


My finished wreath!  
Other ways to save on holiday decorations:
Wait until after the holiday and buy stuff when it is on sale.  Stores discount seasonal merchandise after the holiday to very low prices.  Buy this stuff for next year.  *Only buy ahead for next year if you have room to store it, don't let it clutter up your house!  
Check out thrift stores for holiday decorations. 
Ask your family members- hand me down decorations are as good as new ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment